Hi, I’m Vibeke
I organize stuff.
I’m that person who will nicely arrange the candies and gums next to the cashier while waiting my turn (yes, you can roll your eyes).
The satisfaction of creating order and system when I see that something can be improved is almost like the life force in me. I’ve always done it, and will keep doing it, whether I’m asked to or not. (It’s calming, ok.)
Not surprisingly, throughout my career I was always in supporter roles that required a high level of organization and communication skills:
- Hospitality industry – basically I happily worked hard to make life pleasant, easy and practical for others (could have gotten better paid, though…)
- Corporate – I made sure communication was efficient and flowing, I organized whatever I could get my hands on, and helped my managers get more stuff done (well, I made sure stuff got done. They just seemed to mostly have coffee chats and meetings where they made decisions and came up with great ideas).
- Running my own business – I do actually have a VA and freelancers helping me out, but I still love to do much of the everyday stuff. I’m my own best “employee”.
What about you?
Are you that business owner who almost one-handedly tries to keep all ends together in your increasingly chaotic business (because, yes, growth brings some chaos with it)?
Then you’ll find that you and I may be a great match for getting things on track again.
What’s my story?
I’ve been a business owner myself since 2013, designing websites for service businesses, which often expands to help my clients with business mindset, marketing strategies and how to word themselves to truly connect with people online. Although I love working with business owners to design their website, I enjoy even more being part of a business and its growth over time, with the collaboration, team-feeling and sharing of wins and challenges it brings.
I’m fully aware of what a business and business owner needs to keep it all running:
- Accontability and brainstorming for the business owner
- Systems for the daily routines and tasks
- Automations for client requisition, client onboarding, lead generation
- Assistance in finding collaborators and onboarding these (graphic designers, VAs etc.)
All my jobs seems to have consisted of making other people’s lives easier and more practical. As a Receptionist/Duty Manager/Service Manger, I was the template creating queen, the one who took the initiative to streamlining the work, so that the communication in an environment of continuously changing shifts was flowing with the minimum of incidents. As a Personal Assistant, further templates and system werew created to optimize both my own time and those of my manager and the team. What is pretty cool to me is that when I visit old working places, I see that my systems are still in use, many years after I left.
- Kindness and understanding
How is it to have me as your OBM?
While you remain the main decision taker and leader, I function as a brainstorming and support partner who provide clarity, contribute with growth and efficiency strategy, and make sure that those things decided actually get followed-up on all the way through until done.
Some things I love:
- Creating or improving systems that make processes more efficient.
- Setting up automations that save loads of manual work and keep things going even when you are crazy busy.
- Writing or updating SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), be it manuals, instructions or guidelines, so that the rigth information is always easily at hand for the one who needs it.
- Keeping people and projects on track(like a “control freak” who is not annoying)
Basically, I’m into everything that will make your business running as smoothly, efficienty and organized as possible, making life easy for you as the business owners as well as anyone on your team.